We always joke about how women need emotion and men need......sex.
Well, that's definitely true. For the most part anyway. But y'all, men definitely need more than that from a relationship. Wives, fiances, girlfriends...our precious men need us to love them, support them, build them up, and make them feel needed, wanted, and loved. They may never admit it...but it's true! : ) And we need to give them this! They deserve it! And if your man doesn't deserve it, why are you with him?
I want my husband to feel cherished, loved, supported, and needed. This has become a wifely role that I enjoy doing and that I don't take lightly. I try to make every effort to ensure that my husband knows how much he means to me.
Some fun and easy ways to do this:
- Leave little notes for him...even just a quick "love you" does the trick!
- Be affectionate! Kiss and hug on him when he gets home.
- Tell him THANK YOU when he does something for you/the house/the kids/etc.
- Be supportive when he wants to do something by himself or with his friends.
- Pray for him!! Daily and passionately.
- Share good things about him when in front of other people, not negative things.
- Do something that he is normally "supposed" to do, like take out the trash.
- Bake him some goodies one day just because.
- Call him silly pet names. (I use bunny bear and love bunny!)
There are so many little things that we can do for our men so that they know how special they are to us. We should want our love to feel like they are SO appreciated and SO cherished by us.
My cute hubby. With the dough boy. He texted this to me yesterday. Ha. Who even knows?!
What have YOU done lately to let your husband/fiance'/boyfriend know how much you love him?
PS: Obviously this is a two way street, but I don't have that many male readers, ya know?!