Monday, November 26, 2012

Painting the Nursery

This past week/weekend was such a great one. We had the best Thanksgiving with our families and then I got to spend all day Saturday with my parents for my birthday. They seriously spoiled the heck out of me (and baby E) and I appreciate them SO much. I am blessed all around in life, but definitely SO blessed in the parent department. 

We spent Sunday painting the nursery...YAY!! I seriously could not be more thrilled about it and I must confess that I go in there every 5 minutes just to look at it. I can't wait to finally get furniture in there and see everything start to come together. 

On the painting note, I've noticed a few things:

- Right when you think you are getting good at it, your hand shakes and you smear paint somewhere it isn't supposed to go. 

- The second coat is so much harder to do than the first coat since you are painting the same color. 

- Painting with a mask on is awful. 

- Somehow paint manages to get everywhere on your body. 

Photobucket

Photobucket
Three little helpers.

Photobucket

It's coming together, y'all, slowly but surely. : )

PS: In honor of Cyber Monday and great prices, I'm offering a 50% discount on ALL sponsor ads right now! Good for today only. Use code MONDAY at checkout. 


18 comments:

Jenna said...

So exciting! I love the color :)

xxx
Jenna

Jessica said...

Love the color! Can't wait to see the finished product! Oh and I love the N95 mask too!

Julie said...

Cute color!

Sheila Lynn said...

I love the color as well! Good job on the painting lady! I am currently finishing up my first trimester and have zero energy to do any painting yet! lol .. But have been thinking of colors for our nursary. Love seeing all your baby updates! I am secretly hoping for a girl after seeing all of your lovely girly baby things! Super cute!

Beth Ann said...

Can't wait to see it!!!

Mrs. Kee said...

I cannot wait to see the nursery!!! I think it's going to be precious!

Kelly said...

Pretty paint color, can't wait to see the finished product!

Happy belated birthday!

-kelly
sweettea-lemonade.blogspot.com

Nicole Calvert said...

You look like Bane from Batman with the mask on. Lol. I mean that in the cutest way possible, BTW.

C.Curley said...

That color looks like something I might want whenever we have a nursery. I'm definitely loving gray hues these days.

Ashley said...

Oooh that paint color looks awesome. I can't wait to see that on your nursery walls. (: I can't ever stay clean while painting either... it's made to go everywhere I think.

And you've got the three most adorable little helpers ever.

Katie said...

Bahaha! That picture of your babies is the cutest thing ever. And I am so excited to see the finished result!

Michaela said...

YAY!! We love gray :)

Jodi said...

Great color. Love the dogs watching. Too cute!

Allison said...

Love that color! And your pups are adorable!

Brittany said...

I can't wait to see the nursery reveal!

Traci said...

Painting with a mask is awful! The color looks really pretty.

Katie said...

I'm so excited! And I've got a little something coming your way... ;)

Aspiring Kennedy said...

Great color choice! Hope your little "helpers" didn't drag paint around the house too much :)