Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Few Christmas Scenes

We had such an amazing Christmas this year. Even though Emory isn't here yet, it almost felt like she was because she definitely had her own pile of presents everywhere that we went. She is one loved little baby already! We got tons of great gifts, ate way too much food, and really enjoyed spending time with family. We are so blessed!

We spent Christmas eve at our church's candlelight service, followed by Waffle House with my family. I think that waffles and hashbrowns will have to be our new tradition each year. So good. 

Christmas morning we woke up early and headed over to my grandma's to open presents with my family. Even though my parents say they "cut back" this year, we were still spoiled rotten. 

We had lunch with the whole family and then poor sweet hubby had to head to work. I did get to go visit him at work later that night and make a few runs with him. Speeding around with lights flashing and sirens blaring is pretty exciting. I'm so thankful for all the people who work on holidays. 

Grandma's tree. 






The pups enjoying their huge Christmas bones. 

I didn't take very many pictures and I have to say that it was really nice to just sit back and enjoy the moments, rather than worry about getting a picture of them. There's something to be said for really living in the moment. All of these pictures were from my phone. I'll share a few from the "real" camera tomorrow. 

I'm back at work today after 6 days off...and let's just say I could have taken another week off. What is it about Christmas that just makes me want to sit at home in my pajamas?! 

I hope that y'all had an amazing Christmas as well. I can't believe that 2012 is almost over!


27 comments:

Myrna Wilson said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas! We welcomed our little princess, Savannah on the 16th! Something about babies & Christmas just go together!!

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas! The next year is going to be so amazing for you guys!

californiadreamin said...

Looks like such a cozy Christmas, can't wait until your little baby girl gets here! I have baby fever and needs pics hehe

Courtney B said...

What a great Christmas! And seriously.... Mia had more gifts than we did :) And they were all labeled to "baby girl" since they'd been wrapped before she was born, ha ha!

Faith said...

looks like a great Christmas!

can you believe that your next Christmas Emory will be here?! :)

Lindsey @ Let the Light Shine said...

You are too cute! I can't believe Emory's arrival is so close! And that is a TON of presents - doesn't look like "cutting back" to me! haha

Nicole said...

Awesome that you guys had a good Christmas. I think the whole PJ's thing stems from school, remember we always got like a couple week vacation from grade school through college of not working right after Christmas. The real world sucks :)

Allison said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas Meg. Love that red and white striped shirt. And it looks like your pups got spoiled too...as it should be. :)

Hilary Lane said...

1. My hubby had to work too. :-( Sometimes I hate their schedules!
2. My parents have that card table, too. Theirs is like 300 years old & it's avocado green. :-)

P!nky said...

1) You look so adorable in your shirt, I love it!

2) Thank you to your hubby for serving on Christmas day.

3) Your grandma's tree is breathtaking.

4) I don't have very many pictures this year either. Living in the moment instead of capturing the moment is so wonderful!

Merry Christmas!

BeckyJo606 said...

I love your red Christmas shirt! So cute! I agree with you--enjoying the moments are so important :)

Ashley said...

Merry belated Christmas!

Denise said...

I love it when houses are super decorated for Christmas! Your Grandmas house rocks! And you look flawless :)

Carlie said...

Your mom's house looks so festive! Great pic of you two in front of the tree too! That is cool you were able to "work" with your hubs for a bit!

Janna Renee said...

Your Grandma's house always has such cute decorations!!! You and hubby are glowing too ;)

Michaela said...

Sounds like such a fun day! Your grandma's tree is pretty epic. So sweet that everyone got things for Emory already!

Erin said...

What a beautiful tree! I need to step my game up next year ;)

You and your man are SO DARN cute!!! I love the red top you wore!! Cannot wait to see your first family photo of THREE :)

Raquel said...

Lovely pictures!! Your tree is so pretty!

Jennifer Sabino said...

That tree is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm glad to hear you guys had a very wonderful Christmas! This time next year the little one will be here!

Fran said...

love your shirt and that christmas tree is so cute!

Catherine Fishback said...

Looks like a beautiful Christmas!! Lovely blog!

XO,
Catherine (your newest follower)
FEST (food, style, travel)

Cori H. said...

Your grandma's tree is gorgeous! I'm glad y'all had a great Christmas!

Brooke said...

Too Cute!

What a great idea to wrap on a little table like that!


Brooke

Amber said...

You look so precious in your red & white candy cane lookin' top :)

Shay said...

You are just glowing- so excited for you! And I agree- sometimes it's so nice to put the camera away for awhile!

Lauren said...

that tree is beautiful! & my parents said they cut back this year too...i'm not buying it! ha!

Emily said...

y'all are just too cute!! hope you had a merry christmas!! xoxo