Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Peace and Blessings


Feeling this today...peaceful, thankful, blessed. 

I'm trying to focus more on blessings this year, on seeing the good side of things, on the little things in life that really make a difference. It goes beyond the whole "seeing the glass half full" thing. It's more about seeing God through it all, whether the glass is half full or half empty. 

Because let's be honest, sometimes the glass really is half empty. But that just means that there is so much room for God to fill it up...to fill us up. 

And now I'm off to celebrate my grandma's 80+ birthday. A lady never reveals her age, she says. 


13 comments:

Lauren said...

Love that! My Grandmother would probably say the same!

P!nky said...

You ALWAYS seem to have the perfect verse at the perfect time for me.

LOVE IT!

Happy birthday toyour grandma!

xoxo

Lindsey @ Let the Light Shine said...

I love the idea of just letting HIM fill our glass, and then everything else just makes it overflow :)

Elle said...

happy birthday to your grandma! :) i bet she's excited for emory!

Michaela said...

Great reminder, M! Good way to start out my last day with family on break!

Kathryn {Reynolds Wrap-Up} said...

I love that app! Such a great morning starter:)

Emily grapes said...

Is this the grandma that decorates like crazy for Christmas??

Hope she has a wonderful birthday!

Katie said...

I love this so much, its been on my kitchen chalkboard for the last 2 months. And I love your focus! Praying peace for you in the weeks to come...life is about to get a little cray cray :)

Traci said...

I'm trying to focus more on those things too & not gettingn so riled up over stupid things that really don't matter. It's HARD!

Allyson Butler said...

I love this...this is a big one for me right now, and I needed to hear it today! Thank you!

Stephanie @ Blonde Highlights said...

What a great way to say this - "so much more room for God to fill it up." So well said! I hope the celebration for your 80+ years young grandma was FABULOUS! XOXO

BeckyJo606 said...

Love this verse! A few weeks ago at church the sermon was about seeing God's love even in tough times and while it is so hard when you get irritated or going through a tough time, it is so important and really does enable you to see the blessings. Thanks for this post!

Holly said...

I love this!! Focusing on the good is such a great thing to do. It's not always easy, but it makes your life a lot fuller :)