Thursday, January 3, 2013

This Year - 2013

This year is bringing a lot of changes to our little family. 

First and foremost, obviously, we are being blessed with a sweet baby girl THIS month. (Well, maybe this month, unless I end up being overdue). I can't even imagine how much our lives will change. I know that it will be amazing...and hard...and challenging, but we can't wait. 

I'm not really one to make resolutions, but I definitely have a few things that I want to focus on for this year. I really want this year to be all about my faith and my family. God has blessed us with this little baby and I want to make sure that we raise her to know and love the Lord from an early age. 

Honestly, so many sad things have happened recently to friends/family of mine that I am really realizing how short and precious life is. We aren't promised another day or another minute. We only have this short time on Earth to really make a difference...to make something of this life that we have been given. 

That's what I want this year to be about. Loving fully, living gratefully, letting the little things go, savoring the Lord's word, cherishing family and friends, and sharing the love of my Savior. 


Hi there, 2013. I like you already. 


28 comments:

Emily said...

Those are great goals...I can't think of any that are more important! I'm already liking 2013 too :)

Emily said...

What a great resolution to set! I talked to the hubs about resolutions this year and we thought that mine should be to birth a child, ha. Might be the onlny resolution I successfully accomplish since the overused ones never stick around for long...like exercise daily?! ha!

Lauren said...

You are must too cute! Love these resolutions! :)

KRISTIN said...

Such a great outlook and wonderful goals! I cannot wait to "meet" your little one!

Allison said...

Amen sister. Very well said! My goals are very similar!

Lindsey @ Let the Light Shine said...

I love this!! So very, very true.

Also, I think baby girl should arrive on January 19th and share a birthday with me! :)

Samantha said...

So sweet you are already such a great mommy!

Nicole said...

I like this post! Kind of but not really the lines my post is on today. But I like this post!

Kayla Nelms said...

2013 is going to be a great year. I can't wait to see your little sweetie and see you as a mommy. You will be SUCH a cutie!

Nicole said...

What a good year it will be. I'm so happy for you, friend. I know the Lord is going to bless you SO much in the coming months!

Traci said...

Happy New Year!

Colleen said...

There are some great bibles....never too young to start....my daughter was praying her own at one and a half....I'm currently writing an I can read devotional because there are none for early readers.....also little people has a great Noah's ark :)

The Yarbrough's said...

Great post!!

Denise said...

Love you! Your daughter is going to have some pretty amazing parents :)

Elle said...

i can't wait for emory to grace us with her presence. :) shes going to be the cutest baby ever.

Emily grapes said...

I'm so excited for you two. I can't wait for her to come for you. I have no doubt you'll share your love of Jesus with her!
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Amanda said...

You are a beautiful inspiration!!

Amanda said...

You are a beautiful inspiration!!

Elissa said...

So excited that Emory is almost there with you in your arms! those are all great things to focus for the year to be about!

Laura Darling said...

I am so excited to see what 2013 brings for you guys!

Michaela said...

Totally agree! Wonderful words to live by in 2013!

Shay said...

I sure hope everything is okay, sweet girl! Life really is precious!

Ross said...

Happy New Year! You are about to be blessed beyond belief in 2013! Your post today really sums it up so well. I myself also feel like God has blessed me with this life not to just sit idle but to go out and make as much of a difference as possible!My goals for this year will be bigger and bolder with the aim of making a difference.

Claire said...

so eciting you get to meet your baby girl soon:) Happy New Year to you all :)!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

I can hardly believe she is almost here! SO exciting! :)

Holly said...

I am so excited for your 2013 to truly start!! Your little girl will be such a blessing to your family :)

Ashley said...

You've got some of the best goals I've seen on blogs this year!

Life is far too short. I bet you're going to have a rewarding and busy 2013 :)

Katie said...

This is one of my favorite posts! You're going to be such a wonderful mom, Megan. And sweet little Emory will be so loved and grow up confident in her Savior! :)

ps. I have the same cardi!