Thursday, January 10, 2013

When Friends are Sisters

I am the most blessed person in the world when it comes to friends. 

I made four of the best best friends in college and our friendships have stood the tests of time, life changes, marriage, babies, and distance. It has been 5 years since graduation (how am I so old?!) and yet our friendships are still going strong. We may not get to see each other for weeks or sometimes months, but it never matters. There's never an awkward moment or a lull in conversation. 

These four girls are my friend soulmates. God made them to be my best friends. He gave them to me to share life with, the good and the bad. I am so blessed. 

Our college days. 

December 2012...we're a growing group!

Loving on baby Emory. 


I think it's so important to cultivate and grow friendships, especially when they are those great friendships that last. Even though we can go long periods of time without hanging out and then catch up like normal, it's important for us to make an effort to be actively involved in each other's lives. I think that we should also pray for friendships, in the same way that we pray for our other relationships, like our marriage. God created these special bonds because we need them...they are good, healing, learning, growing. 

PS: Say a prayer for my friend Kay...she's having a baby today!! 


14 comments:

Emily said...

three of my best friends are my college friends, and although i may go months without seeing {or sometimes even talking} to them, it's like we never missed a beat! i love those girls and just wished we all lived much closer to each other!

Holly said...

I definitely agree that it's so important to have friends like that! I have a group of girls who I have known through church since I was little, like 3 or 4, and we are so close now, it's the best :) I love that I can go to them for support and they know exactly what to say! Prayers to your friend Kay :)

KRISTIN said...

This is so sweet. I DO NOT know what I would do with my best girlfriends!

BeckyJo606 said...

I have really been praying about friendships lately! I have lots of close friends, but they live all over the place. I would LOVE a friend or two that lives in the same town as me--and it would just be an added bonus if they had a baby too. ;)

Lauren said...

Love the picture of all our their hands on your belly! So precious! I love my college Friends toO!

Kathleen said...

I could NOT agree more! I have 5 wonderful ladies who I cannot imagine life without. We all live in different states so we go months without actually seeing each other but we do talk all the time. Whether it be through the phone, facebook, text...whatever. I know that if I need anyone of them. They'll be there. We're having a get together here in FL in February and I cannot wait! :)

Glad you have your girls too! :)

Emily grapes said...

Agreed. Its so important to have friendships. the best are the ones that last through moves and major changes in life. That's great you have 4 still going strong.
Emily at Amazing Grapes

Michaela said...

Your friends are so sweet. Friends are such a blessing and SO important!!

Amanda said...

This is so neat & such a blessing!! :) you're beautiful & glowing!

Ross said...

Amen to those words! Friends are such a blessing from God! I'll be praying for your friend.

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Y'all are all so sweet!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Great friends are hard to come by - you're a group of lucky ladies! Good luck to your friend giving birth (who gave birth?) today :)

Laura Darling said...

I love this post! Girlfriends who become like sisters are the best! And you're so lucky to have so many! Best wishes for your friend on this big day!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

It would be wonderful if your children could grow up with each other and be friends. If they are having playdates all the time, that gives you an excuse to catch up more often :)